Solutions for the ones we love
—– Bring Mom Home —–
This addition was made to the side of the garage
When we build it, it will blend right into the rest of your home
This is an image of the private bathroom
This is the inside view of the mother-in-law suite
The golden age of our parents should be a pleasant one. We face many struggles over what to do with our parents when they are no longer able to take care of their property and themselves. Living alone demands much physical strength not to mention maintaining a property and home. Often the homes they live in were not built with the elderly in mind and are difficult to carry out daily tasks.
These are questions you may be asking yourself.
- Should I put my loved ones in a assisted living home?
- Or should I consider putting my loved ones in a retirement home?
- What do I do with their existing home?
- Are there repairs that need to be done?
- How would I finance this project?
- Where will they be comfortable living?
- Do we have enough space for them to live with us?
- Would I have peace of mind about the last years of their life?
Our alternative solutions to build an addition to your Home could be a win-win situation for you and them.
- The cost of assisted living is invested into your property at the same time increasing equity which compensate recent decline of property values.
- The addition can later serve as an office or guest suite, which is the number one request by home buyers.
- Your loved ones will feel secure being close to family in their golden years.
- The peace of mind that comes with everyday contact and fellowship.
- The convenience of being close, yet private because of the separate entrance and living quarters.
There are things to consider, if you decide to move your elderly and build an addition on to your Home.
Q: How will I take care of the repairs that need to be done on my parent’s home to get it ready for sale?
A: We will assist you in the repairs or renovations of your parents home.
Q: Who will handle the marketing of the house?
A: Our affiliate Real Estate Broker will list it for you and handle the sale at a very reasonable fee.
Q: How long will it take to build an addition?
A: In most cases we can build these additions in 90 days from the time the plans and engineering has been approved by the city.
Q: How long will it take to have plans and engineering done?
A: In most cases we can produce plans and engineering in 90 days under normal conditions.
Q: Will I have to hire someone to draw the plans?
A: We can design and draw all plans necessary for your project.
Q: Will we have to deal with construction dust and debris?
A: The construction dust is minimized by building on the side or back of your house, not inside your home.
Q: Is there enough room on your property?
A: You need an area of at least 600 square feet, at least 8-10 feet away from the nearest property line depending on zoning.
Q: How will I finance this project?
A: We have lenders that have experience in working with these kinds of projects.
Q: How will I get the ARB board to approve the improvements to my property?
A: We can assist you in working with the ARB boards of your neighborhood.
David Furukawa is not out of touch with the needs of the elderly. He spent fifteen years visiting nursing homes weekly with church groups and has grown to love the elderly, as well as look for new ways to ensure that they enjoy their later years.
Increase the Value of Your Home
When your parents reach the time where they need assistance in living, a common solution is sending them to a retirement or nursing home. However, the average cost ranges from $50,000 to $75,000 per year. Why not take that money you would put into the payments at the retirement home and build on your own house? It will increase the value of your home, as well as keep your parents close to you.
Copyright © 2020 Elite Construction of Jax, LLC